Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wore 'em out again!

A big green grin after a lime popsicle.
One, two, you better get ready cause I'm gonna jump on three.

Wheeee!


Beatin' Papa at soccer!

Nothing unusual today. Had some school today. Went to two parks and played and played. The trouble with buying a boy a soccer ball is you then have to play soccer. And boy did we play soccer. Wore us both out. We're hoping this video finishes uploading tonight. If it does you better watch it. It's taken over an hour to upload onto the blog. Andres can't get enough of the merry-go-round at the park. It's the first thing he does when he gets there and the lastI thing he wants to do before we leave. Maicol now only wants to play with his soccer ball. We also play a little basketball with it. Problem is he always wins. Guess the fact that he's younger helps and also we have never played soccer before and have very little idea what we're doing. We can shoot baskets better than he can. Maybe that's why he prefers soccer. Andres is turning into an Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going. He has fallen asleep pretty quickly for his nap and bedtime the last two nights. I was trying to rock him, but it seems he prefers to just lay in bed and fall asleep. :)

I have had several people ask me what we need. Please don't feel any obligation to go and get things, but if you have things your chidlren no longer need here is what I can think of right now.

Bikes for the older boys - they are 45 and 50 inches tall if that helps any.

Something for Andres to ride - bigwheel or tricycle

Stroller

Carseat for Andres

Booster seat for Juan (he weighs about 40 lbs.)

Highchair

Andres - wears 18-24 month size clothes

I think I have a fair amount of clothes for the other boys right now.

Children's games

We got rid of this kind of stuff a LONG time ago! What were we thinking?

I think that's it for tonight. Enjoy the pictures and thanks SO MUCH for the comments. If you haven't been able to add a comment I believe you have to sign up for a blog yourself (it's free and you don't actually have to ever write anything on your own blog).

Dan & Karen

























7 comments:

B. Downs said...

Congrats on your handsome boys. My husband & I just started on our homestudy & the CHI Colombia program. We are in IN also & would love to hear from you.

beth baker said...

hello again! looks like ya'll are gettin a work out with the soccer ball. haha. you should get the boys involved with soccer at the church next year! i bet they would love it. worship leading went really well this morning. i've already been asked to help with some of the other worship bands on campus. so it looks like i'll be doin a lot of that. tour choir is good, but it's a lot of work. our first tour date is at the end of this month and we are no where near ready to do anything. yay! haha. classes are still goin pretty good. all A's so far. haha...not a lot of grades in the book yet though. well i need to get some rest. talk to you later. love you!

linda said...

Hi, Grandpa says "Sounds like you're having a good time" He wonders what you will do with the boys all day when you get home. I'm sure they would wear me out. They just seem to get cuter every day. Hope you are all over your colds. Love and prayers, Mom

AnaMaria said...

The primos here have 2 sets of the travel version of Connect Four and would like the primos there to have one.

Christopher wants to know if Juan can beat Mama at Memory as well? He thinks the boys will be able to beat you at Connect Four. (He beat me twice today!)

I sewed my new Den Leader patch on my Cub Scout uniform for tonight's parents meeting. I love having a Scout uniform.

It might rain some this weekend. We're down about 12" for the year. All the grass is dead and trees and bushes are starting to go as well.

Little boys are at Grandma's, but I need to go make sure Matthew is working on his papers. This is his first week as official paper boy for our neighborhood. I hope he doesn't need too much prodding.

Mary

Connie said...

Sounds like you are keeping them busy. What great smiles they have! It's a lot easier to occupy them when you get home, I'm sure you've already figured that out. I thought about signing my Daniel up for soccer, but the little group here that plays soccer will probably be blown away by his skills, even though he wasn't that great in Colombia. :) They learn it early there.

J Bakes said...

It's great to see all these pictures! Hopefully dad isn't worn out as much today as he was yesterday from playing all that soccer. I hope you're all having a great time and I can't wait for you to come back!

Love,

Jonathan

AnaMaria said...

Are the daily popsicles going to continue for the rest of their lives? I think you're in trouble.

Mary