Saturday, September 8, 2007

New Hats

A hot Saturday here in Ibague. Not sure what the temperature was, but it seemed pretty hot to me. We only went to one park today and that wasn't until 4pm. Dan went to the store this morning and one of us (Maicol) was very slow to get our shower and clothes on today. The paperwork said if you wanted him up you had to get him up and I'm beginning to see that's true. Dan is watching Tarzan on TV with the older boys and Andres is entertaining himself by running back and forth through the house. Their personalities are so much more apparent now. Andres runs and plays and makes much more noise than he did the first few days. Juan has had no time outs today. Close, but not quite. Maicol is funnier and much less reserved than a week ago. The boys generally do play pretty well together. There is the usual sibling stuff you might expect which many times is the result of Andes trying to take something from someone. All in all we have had a good day together.

I have to say this is not something you do alone. It would be impossible without the two of us working together. I'm more the planner and Dan is more the get it done guy, but we have taken turns doing just about everything. When I've had enough of someone, he takes over and vice versa. When he's tired I watch them so he can rest and he does the same for me. I'd rather stay here than go to the store, so he goes. Get the picture? Anyway, after he said such nice things about me, I had to give him a little credit. :) He certainly deserves it. I knew I was pushing him in the beginning, but I knew he would be glad he did it in the end.
That's it for tonight. Have a good Sunday.

Karen
Juan and his new hat. :) (see below)
We love our Papa!

The end of a serious game of Uno. Dan actually won this one.


This is what you do when your plastic soccer ball pops after playing with it about 15 minutes.



4 comments:

AnaMaria said...

I love the expression on Andres' face in the last picture.

At our house most of the drama is caused by the youngest as well. When it's just Matthew and Micah all you can hear are the pages turning!

Mary

beth baker said...

looks like things are going well. the house here is good...but some of the lights won't turn on (which i don't like because i like all of the lights on when i'm by myself). it's nice to be home, even though you aren't here. i got to surprise my friend shelli tonight. that was fun. then more surprises when i get to church tomorrow. not many people know i am home. so that should be fun. welp, i guess i will talk to you later. hope you have a great sunday!

Connie said...

You guys sound like an awesome team! I can just imagine Andres running through Patricia's house! What a hoot! Hang in there--the waiting is tedious, but it really is an important time with the kids without any distractions. Of course, it WILL be easier when you get them home on YOUR turf. :)

linda said...

Hi, It's great you're going to come home early. Maybe you can find someone who speaks spanish to stay with you for a while or come over often. I'm sure the boys will be speaking english really soon. Tell the boys that Grandma and Grandpa love them,,you too,, Love and prayers for a safe trip home. Mom