Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Some Real News

We finally have things set. We were able to get the boys passports today, so we will be leaving for Bogota tomorrow. They will have their medical exam there and then we go to the Embassy on Thursday for the Visa's. We should be all finished up byFriday, but I wasn't able to get a flight until Monday. We leave Bogota at 2pm, stop in Miami and arrive in Indy at 12:05am. A long day, but at least we don't have to get up before dawn to leave.
Maicol and Juan are wound about as tight as is humanly possible I think. :) I assume that they will go to sleep at some point, but I'm not positive. We've been up and down the stairs many times trying to quiet them down. Andres is oblivious to what is going on, so he went to sleep without much trouble at all. It has been a cool, cloudy, rainy day - which means good sleeping weather for us.
Today was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. How many people do you know that got the gift of 3 children in another country for their anniversary? Dan got up this morning and made omelets for all of us. Then he took me to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. And another surprise tonight, we had a cake for dessert. I just realized that all the surprises today involved food. What does that tell you about us?
We are excited to be done here in Ibague, but sad to leave. It has been a memorable experience. Patricia has been invaluable and we will miss her. She says she "works miracles and doesn't charge for them". I think that is almost true. She can talk to the boys and get them to do things we can't. I'm sure it's just that they understand the Spanish, but sometimes I wonder. :)
Well, we're tired and ready for bed. We didn't take any pictures today, so this will be "good night".
Talk to you tomorrow from Bogota.

Dan & Karen

7 comments:

J Bakes said...

Good luck on your flight today!!! I hope the boys enjoy it. I'll talk to you soon enough!

Love, Jonathan

linda said...

Hi, So happy for your early trip back to Indiana. Hope it continues to go smoothly. One big prayer I have is that you arrive home safely. I hope the boys are good on the flights. I expect they will sleep at least part of the way. Just be happy and safe. Love and prayers, Mom and Dad

beth baker said...

hey, let me know if it is ok if i come home that weekend you get back. it would probably be the 22nd-24th. hope you had a good trip today!

Anonymous said...

Dan and Karen, we will be thinking of you today and all weekend. We can't wait to hear that you are safely home. We're so happy that you can come home sooner than originally planned. I hope that the communication continues to go well and that the boys continue to learn more and more English. Keep blogging ;*)

Connie said...

I am so happy for you! I know what you mean about Patricia, she does have that air of authority about her. It does help that they can actually understand what she's saying, and she can understand them. Congratulations!

AnaMaria said...

Well that time table isn't very conducive to surprising you at the airport! Glad things are working out well anyway.

Beautiful weather here today, Saturday's high is only going to be 70 or so - we'll be freezing.

Mary

BobAndJane said...

Clay and Christy are getting the booser seat and we got the other car seat(5-40 lbs) I hope that is right. Let me know if it isn't. I'll call Jonathan to make arrangements to get them in the truck when I hear from Kellers.