Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday

Our first full day at home. Of course Juan was up first even though he was asleep last. I finally woke Andres up. I'm not sure how long he would have slept. They were really tired from the trip home over the last two days. We went to Chinese for lunch. The boys weren't crazy about it, but they behaved pretty well and did get enough to eat. After Andres took his nap we went to the park. There is a spray park there also, so they had a great time. Glad it's still very warm here so we could enjoy it.
Dan's putting a couple of locks on the outside doors. Juan was up and outside this morning before we knew it. We don't think he went too far, but he doesn't understand the yard boundaries yet. It will also keep Andres from getting away. He can't open the door yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.
We were able to sit down and have dinner together and everyone did very well. I'm teaching them to put their dishes in the dishwasher. We haven't used it yet, so I don't know if they really understand it or not. We had baths tonight, but they are having a hard time getting to sleep. We think we are going to have to put Andres in a separate room. Juan has a hard time getting to sleep and he seems to want to bother Andres. Last night Andres cried that evidently in some way Juan had hurt his foot. Tonight a toy was thrown and Andres got a bloody nose. Not sure who did what, but we are going to have to do something for tomorrow night. Bethany- I think we're going to have to put Andres in your room. Maybe we can get them all in the same room again after they settle down a little. Maicol and Juan did ok together when we were staying in Ibague, so I think we're going back to that.
Well, enough bedtime talk. All is quiet and we're going to try to get some rest too. Dan has a job tomorrow and Friday, so I need all the rest I can get!
Goodnight.

Karen

2 comments:

linda said...

Hi, This is especially for Karen. Be sure to get enough rest!!! I know how easy it is to ignore your own needs when the kids are young. I know you already raised two,but maybe you need a reminder. Dan, don't work too hard. Give the kids a hug for me. Love you all, Mom and Dad

Connie said...

Karen, Sounds like you guys know the drill! It's amazing what our kids don't know! My kids seem to have no awareness of the boundaries of private property and will go into people's yards at will. I'm still working on that one!