Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday

It has been a long, but good day. We all made it to church for the last service. Of course none of us really lasted the whole time. Andres made it through most of the singing before I took him out. Juan and Maicol took turns going in and out. We sat in the back because we figured that was the way it would be. It was still good to be back though. We all managed to eat lunch together and then the visiting "big" kids tooks turns entertaining the little kids. I think everyone took a nap at some point. We even went to our home group tonight. The kids were pretty good considering and everyone is very understanding and helpful. All in all a pretty successful day on our way to "normal". :)
Juan's cough still sounds terrible, so if he's still like this tomorrow I'm taking him back to the doctor. She thinks I'll need to get a nebulizer to give both of them breathing treatments. I think I probably will too. They're too young to use inhalers and if they're already having trouble and it's not cold and flu season I'm sure we're probably going to need one. Might as well get it now and get started.
Dan is off tomorrow, so hopefully we can get things caught up and get a school schedule started. I think they need the structure. Maicol definitely needs it. He wants to play the computer or ride his bike all day. Everything you read says structure is good, so I think we're going to give it a whirl.
Talk to you tomorrow.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Catharine is sick too - bad cough, bad runny nose. Had a fever, but that seems gone. I had a flu bug about a week ago. I know your mom's still struggling w/her cold. I guess it's just that transitional time of year. And of course, the boys are likely to pick up lots of "American" bugs that they don't have immunity for yet - oh, joy. ;*)

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that we read every night still. Tell Jonathan that the picture of him w/the boys was awesome. How do the little boys feel about their older brother? It must be really interesting for them to have such a much older brother to look up to.

Hope the boys get well quickly and that you and Dan and Jonathan and Bethany stay well.

XO,
L.

linda said...

Hi, Hope the boys are all well soon. Grandpa is over at the church picking up the sanctuary. I think they think that is one thing the seniors can do without getting in trouble.haha Glad to see Dan taking Maicol to work with him. I think that probably helps take the pressure off you a bit, Karen. Really enjoy the blog. Love, Mom