Saturday, October 6, 2007

Traveling

I think we are done going places and visiting for awhile. We have been to see all the grandparents and aunts and uncles that we could. My brother is too far away, so he's the only one that hasn't had the privilege yet. We have enjoyed it, but are ready to get on with a more normal schedule. I have one more week before returning to work full-time. Coming back early has been such a blessing. I have had nearly a month at home instead of just 2 weeks. Dan has been able to work while I'm off. We'll be alternating work days when I return to work in another week.
Things are going well. Juan really wasn't in any trouble until tonight and I think part of that was because it was late and we weren't home. Andres fell and hit his mouth last night, so now he has a fat lip. He woke up during the night crying. I think it must have been hurting him. I gave him some Advil and Dan held him til he settled down. Maicol thinks he is so good at riding his bike he is now putting Juan on the bar in front of him and riding him around. How long til they both need stitches? :)
The boys met their boy cousins yesterday. A little akward I think because they don't yet speak the same language, but I think it went well. They have spent the day practicing saying their names and we looked at some pictures of them and reviewed how to pronounce their names. I think they are very interested in seeing them again. My sister took some pictures of all of them together.
Time for a cup of tea and bed. Since it's going to be 90 tomorrow we decided to split more firewood tomorrow. Actually, a splitter is available to use and regardless of the weather we're going to do it. Maybe we'll sweat off a few pounds. Take care and stay cool.

Karen

1 comment:

linda said...

Hi, Glad to see another blog. I see the boys are the same as Dan and his brothers. Accidents waiting to happen. Hope that when you go back to work, Karen, you don't get too exhausted. Your boys are such blessings and I'm so glad you have them. They say that having those young ones will keep you young-----hope so. Love you, Mom