Friday, October 12, 2007

This and That

Nothing new and exciting to report. No one had to work this morning, so we had a leisurely breakfast. Dan and Maicol worked in the afternoon and then we went to church to do Dan's cleaning job. They were having a marriage conference and had childcare available, so they volunteered to let our kids sit in on the movie. They all did very well. I think the small bags of chips and juice drinks helped, but they all basically sat through the whole movie. Last week we tried something similiar and the two younger ones only lasted about 10 minutes. They really are making progress in understanding how to act and what is expected of them.
I put flannel sheets on their beds today, so they should be warmer. Of course now it sounds like it will be warmer the next few days. I think I may make them some fleece pajama's also.
Juan has a sore throat again. He complains a little about his mouth hurting too, but I think it's a molar coming in maybe. I looked at the inside of his mouth and don't really see anything. Last month when he got a sore throat it turned into wheezing and bronchitis. Hopefully this will be a short-lived thing. It sure hasn't stopped him from eating tho. :)
Andres has decided to go back to being potty trained. He was essentially potty trained when we got him, but regressed to diapers by the time we got home. Wednesday Dan had him and convinced him that he needed to stop doing that. We bought him some underwear and he has been good since. I guess he just needed someone to let him know what he should do!
No big plans for tomorrow. Maicol saw the Monopoly game in the closet and wants to play, so I think we're going to get out the Jr. Monopoly and try that. He really likes playing Uno with one other person. If you don't watch him he'll "stack the deck". When he gets to play all his cards and all you're doing is drawing cards you can bet something is wrong. I usually ask him before we start if he's cheating. Sometimes he says "yes". I play with Juan using just the 1-5 numbered cards. He likes that.
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Karen

3 comments:

linda said...

Hi, I really enjoy the blogs. It's great that Andres has decided to be potty trained. I hope they continue to progress as well as they have. They seemed to be such happy boys. I believe that you two are happy too!!!! It's chilly here today, but the sun is nice. Love, Mom

Connie said...

It sounds like they are learning some english! I love those photos. Your boys are so alive!

J Bakes said...

It's good they have flannel sheets now! I'm sure they won't be used to the cold weather when it hits fully.

I'm thinking about maybe coming over tomorrow night for dinner if that's alright. Let me know!

-Jonathan