Thursday, October 25, 2007

More Progress

Nothing new and exciting to report. Everyone slept until 8am - yeah! Dan had a job this morning and then we met him for the weekly Chinese lunch. Jonathan came over for dinner and we roasted marshmallows outside. Each boy of course wanted to roast his own and of course they quickly set them aflame. So, we told them they had to eat what they cooked! That didn't stop the flaming marshmallows, but we didn't have to eat a bunch of burnt marshmallows because they didn't want to. They actually ate them without any real complaining. Andres had his "raw". I don't know how many he had, but I would guess at least 8. We went through a whole package of marshmallows between the 6 of us.
The two things we have noticed this week are that Maicol is mixing in more and more English with the Spanish. He says "no touch" alot - primarily to his brothers - and pretty loudly and adamantly. The other is that Andres is starting to say or attempt to say more words. When we first got him he had a vocabulary of probably 6 words. He still doesn't have a huge vocabulary, but is trying to say almost anything you ask him to. He would not even attempt it before.
I wish I had a video of Maicol skipping down the hallway tonight to go to bed. It was so sweet. They certainly aren't happy all the time, but I think they are starting to feel comfortable here. They laugh and try to play tricks on us. They like helping around the house. They're trying new foods (and even liking most of it). They have fun playing together. They are absolutely crazy about their big brother - but who wouldn't be, he's very tall and plays with them. :)
All in all, we can see now how far we've come and are looking forward to seeing the progress in a few more months.
Have a good night.

Karen

5 comments:

J Bakes said...

Thanks for the voicemail mother! :) I'm pretty fond of them too, if only I could just be there every day! I guess it wouldn't be as big a deal then though. Love you and hope you have a good day tomorrow!

-Jonathan

beth baker said...

miss you all.

Anonymous said...

What a great post Karen. You've come so far so fast. You and Dan should be so proud of your care for the boys and how well they're thriving. The pic of you all together was just great.

linda said...

Hi, Thanks for continuing the blogs. It is great to hear all the thing you are doing and how much the boys are progressing. Hope you all stay healthy. Try not to wear yourselves out. I guess Jonathan is still a little boy when he gets around the three younger one. It's good that he spends so much time with them. Have a good weekend. Love you. Mom

Connie said...

I'm so glad it's going well for you. I love hearing about how they are doing. I was worried about you guys when I heard you were adopting 3 boys..(I was thinking 3 of my Daniel...shudder!) So I'm thrilled that it's turning out so well. I think having so much time with Dan is so important for them.