Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue

Here's a picture of ALL of us. We managed to get everyone in one place and reasonably happy all at the same time!

The cool weather has returned and now my boys are "frio"! They complained as soon as we stepped outside the door to go to Wal-mart. We were on a quest this morning to buy a pair of footed pajamas for Juan. Andres has some and we bought a pair last week for Maicol and Juan, but one pair was too big. Dan took him yesterday, but because he misbehaved and they left without the desired pj's. So Juan has been very good so that he could have a pair of the coveted pj's. This morning he was being VERY nice to Andres. They get along most of the time, but this morning he was hugging him! That's not typical behavior for those two. I ended up going to two different stores to find a pair that fit. He chose a chamoflauge print. After their bath tonight he was very anxious to get them on and happy to show Dan when he got home from work. I'll have to get some batteries that work so that I can get a picture of them in the pajamas.
We're starting to get into the swing of working opposite days and trading the kids off. We have both been doing some of the cleaning and laundry when we're home. Dan does most of the shopping it seems. The problem is that when I am home I want to be at HOME, not that I dislike shopping. I do a little more of the cooking. All in all pretty good so far.
We went to a fall party at some friend's house Saturday. They had a weiner roast, hayride and pinata. I'm not sure what the boys thought about all of it, but they seemed to have a good time. It was nice to see some people who knew about our adopting the boys and that had been praying for us.
We helped pack clothes to send to Ukraine on Sunday afternoon at church. I wasn't too sure about what we would do with the boys. They ended up doing really well. Part of the time they played with some of the other kids and part of the time they helped. Maciol in particular really likes to help. He worked right along with Dan helping pack clothes into large plastic bags. He and another girl from our home group worked together too. Juan likes to help too. It was good to see them playing with other children. Even with their limited English they still play and have a good time.
It's back to work for me tomorrow. Have a good night.
Karen

3 comments:

linda said...

Hi, The picture of the whole family is really good. It's amazing that, with all you have to do, that you still take time to write your blog. Thanks so much for it. It's cooled off here too and it seems as if winter is on its way------too soon. The boys will probably forget about being frio when it snows. Love you all, Mom

J Bakes said...

Hey, that picture didn't turn out as bad as I thought it might! I'm looking forward to coming over on Thursday. I took half a day off yesterday to try and kill my cold, but I'm not sure how much it's worked so far. So, barring any extreme physical illness I'll be there!

La Familia Armstrong said...

What a beautiful family picture!

:) Julie A.