Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bikes (and other riding toys)

This is one of our favorite activities right now. They all like to ride their assigned vehicle. Maicol has a bicycle (which he has improved greatly in riding in the last week). Juan has a big wheel. Andres has a couple of ride-on toys you power with your feet to the pavement. They all like riding down the driveway and in the cul-de-sac. Dan or I will sit at the end of the driveway in a lawn chair and keep an eye on them and watch for any traffic. Fortunately there is very little traffic and the neighbors have been very good about coming in slowly and watching for them. I don't have a picture of them, but the funniest thing today was Juan and Andres riding down the driveway with a green bowl over their heads. Juan could see a litle with it on his head, but I know that Andres couldn't see a thing! What are they thinking? Not, I guess. I told Jonathan when he came over how smart his new brothers were! He just shook his head.
Jonathan came over for dinner and stayed to play with his brothers. They really like it when he comes over. They can barely eat dinner and act silly to impress him. I think he impressed Maicol with is basketball skills tonight. I guess he's probably a little better than me. :)
We had a good day. Dan worked, so I was home by myself. They managed to get their schoolwork done and I got a couple of loads of laundry done, made 3 meals and cleaned up afterward. Juan sat on my lap and cuddled up for probably an hour this afternoon. I think he was missing his Papa. They were thrilled when he got home this afternoon.
We're off to Ohio to see my Mom and then my sister, so probably no blogging for a couple of days. Take care.

Karen







3 comments:

linda said...

Hi, I'm back. Had some problem with my modem and couldn't get on line. Hope it is ok now. Sure loved having you guys here. Everyone was very complementary about the boys. They just loved them. As we do!!! I'm so glad Jonathan is having such good time with them. Annette went back to California last night so everything is back to normal----boring. Love you all, Mom

Connie said...

Ah, cuddling. sniff sniff. I envy you!

J Bakes said...

I don't know how you both keep up with them! I was all worn out when I got home :)