Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Working in the Mud

Wish I had some new and exciting information to share, but unfortunately I don't. Dan had Maicol and Juan helping him put insulation under the house yesterday. They don't mind crawling under the house and being in the mud. As a matter of fact, they thought it was fun! Maicol told me he likes playing in the mud. His boots and gloves were evidence of that.
Maicol read to me out of his reading book yesterday. It is about Pat the Cat, so lots of three letter words with the short a sound and a few sight words. He did pretty well. Juan seems to have most of his colors down and can match the color word on the crayon with the color word on the page his is coloring. He's not much at handwriting yet, so he has been practicing tracing lines. We're also working on shapes and tracing them too. We've worked on the vowels and their short sounds, but he doesn't remember very well yet from one day to the next. Andrew has learned to hold up two fingers. I was trying to teach him to say how old he is. I'm not sure he completely understands, but he likes to do it and then says "two eggs". That's a pretty common question at our house in the morning - "Would you like one or two eggs?" Juan always says two and Andrew is learning to answer for him I guess. He's still being very mischevious, but is getting better at picking up toys when instructed and putting his dishes in the dishwasher.
We're hoping for enough snow for sledding by Friday. It sure would make the cold weather worthwhile!
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Karen

3 comments:

Connie said...

You sound like such a normal family! How wonderful.
Sounds like your boys are doing great. We've had a bit of cool weather, and my Colombians love it--even without snow.

linda said...

Hi, They say we may have 6 to 10 inches or more of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I bet you will have enough to play in. Grandpa is supposed to have a deacons retreat at camp tomorrow night and Saturday. They may have to cancel because of the snow. Stay well, and lots of love, Mom

Genece said...

Playing in the mud... I just love it! Until now I've never had much experience parenting boys and I must say this is fun! It is a huge difference from raising a girl and I'm loving every moment I have with my little guys just as much as I do with my little girls. I have to laugh at your boys in the mud because we haven't yet gotten to experience MUD yet, but as the snow melts in April we certainly will. I'll have to invest in rain boots I'm sure! Probably better grab a few pairs for the girls too...

And onto the cold weather subject... Isn't it crazy wild how these kiddos just love that snow and the cold weather? What a relief because at times in the past I had deep concerns about bringing the children to such a cold environment.

Much love,
Genece