Friday, January 4, 2008

Desperate to Ride

The title pretty much sums up Maicol's thoughts. He really, really likes to ride his bike. Everyday he asks if he can and if I will join him. If it's above freezing, I usually consent to, but below that is just too much for me. As you can see from the pictures even though we have a little snow they were riding anyway. It is supposed to be nearly 60 in a couple of days, so that will be good for bike riding. They are SO much happier in the late afternoon and evening when they have been outside to play. And they go to sleep much easier too! Guess we should be living in one of those states that doesn't have the highs and lows in temperature we have here.

Not much excitement going on here. Bethany will be heading back to school in a couple of days, so there goes my free babysitter and one other person besides Dan in the house who doesn't have to inform me about their every trip to the bathroom. :) I have really enjoyed having her around. Girls sure are different than boys. Not better, just different.

Maicol continues to use more and more English and Juan is actually starting to too. He had not seen the need for it previously I don't think. Maicol still converses with him in Spanish part of the time, but he even corrects Juan when he uses Spanish and knows the English. Maicol is trying to help me learn Spanish when we rock in the evenings. We go over the words I know and he tries to teach me more. He is already forgetting some Spanish. I hope that even if it fades, he will be able to pick it up later (maybe in high school).

We made a gingerbread train today. This was a kit Dan had picked up after Christmas. They did pretty well working together on it. Maicol and Juan really did the decorating - Andrew just wanted to eat the decorations! I gave him some other candy I had and he was content with that. He has been a little mischevious all day today. Getting into things he knows he shouldn't and such. While I was talking to my sister on the phone I looked in the kitchen and he was sitting at the counter with the dishcloth on his head. A little odd, but it didn't concern me. Then I turned around and looked back and he has poured his yogurt smoothie on his head! What was he thinking!? Dan wasn't too pleased with him, but all I could do was laugh and stick him in the shower. I really do wonder sometimes what is going on in that little head of his.

Enjoy the weekend.

Karen


Our Gingerbread Train.
Juan Pablo
Maicol

Andrew



3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

How funny...I look at the children and I think about mine...My little Colombians would never make it in the cold...much less their Mami!!! Your boys look like they enjoy it so much! Tatiana whines so often now, Mami-cold...or Mami-frio!!! Andrew, too...not so much Diego...I'm sure Diego and Maicol and the boys would have a good time!

Love the pics!

linda said...

Those boys sure seem to have a lot of fun. Mama and Poppie too, I think. We really enjoy the pictures. Grandpa got a big laugh about Andrews yogurt on his head. Love you all, Mom

Tamie said...

I hope you took a picture of the yogurt on the head episode!! I am so glad that the boys and you and Dan are all adjusting so nicely!! God is good!!