Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post-Christmas

Well, we seem to have survived Christmas. The not sharing and not listening has not been too bad. I think partly because they don't have much to not share. We really limited their individual gifts. I think Maicol's remote control car still works. Andrews does too. Juan has lost his Nerf gun on and off, but it still works and he can still locate a couple of darts, so that's pretty good for him. Maicol and Juan wore their new dress clothes to church this morning. They really like dressing up.
I played Candyland with Juan and Maicol last night. Juan did really well. He has played Chutes and Ladders, but didn't do very well. He has trouble with the counting and paying attention for the period of time it takes to complete the game. Candyland was much better. He was able to move his player to the colors, and it didn't take too long to finish the game. He even played a couple of short games of Uno with Maicol and I and did pretty well.
They have had a pretty good week. We managed to ride bikes a few times. Maicol and Juan were out riding today. It was just too cold for me tho. Dan took them to the Children's Museum Monday, but it was very crowded so they didn't get to do much. We used some of their Christmas money to buy a membership for the year, so we can go back later.
Lots of working to be done tomorrow. Bethany will be babysitting, so let's hope they are all still happy by the end of the day!
Have a good last day of 2007.

Karen

3 comments:

linda said...

Hi, Glad to see that you have a membership to the museum. There should be a lot for the boys to do there. Hope you all have a good New Year. Lots of love. Mom

Jenn said...

I assume you're referring to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis? I just LOVE that place - it's one of my fondest memories of growing up in IN. In fact, we took a special trip before school started this year so the kids could see it. It was a hit, of course! I'm sure your boys will grow to love it too! :)

peace and blessings,
Jenn

Jacq & Jason said...

Thank you for sharing your stories! I have been enjoying reading your blogs. My husband and I are still a waiting family as so it is so fun to follow ya'lls and the CHI families stories. Thanks again :)