Wednesday, December 5, 2007

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

This morning I got up early and found Juan Pablo and Andrew on the couch covered up in blankets to keep warm and looking bored. I knew they could not have looked out the window. When they looked at me I looked out the patio door and drew Juan's gaze with mine. He immediately leapt off the couch and started jumping up and down screaming "snow! snow! snow!" Then he made a mad dash into the bedroom to wake Maicol with the exciting news. They were all ready to run outside to play immediately. Of course none of us were quite ready for that, so I reached out the door for a snowball to show them. Maicol's goal for the last few weeks has been to throw a snowball so I let him throw it out the back door. The boys escaped outside before I was quite ready. Not having experienced snow, they thought they were ready. They didn't quite understand that there is a price to be paid for the beauty of snow. In just a few minutes Andrew came in covered with snow and bawling his eyes out. At first I assumed his brothers had done something to him, but he just held out his hands and cried "cold!" So I spent the next few minutes warming him up and finished getting myself ready. When we finally did make it outside the first order of business was to pelt Papa with a few snowballs. We then got some sleds out and went sledding down the neighbor's steep driveway. The boys spent the rest of the day with Papa picking up garage door stuff, visiting Mama at work and replacing a neighbor's garage door springs. It was after dark when we got home, but Maicol had to end the day making a snow angel in the front yard. And of course the other two then had to do the same. All in all it was a pretty good "first snow" experience.
Well, I better get to bed. Our first post-adoption home visit by a social worker is first thing in the morning.

Night ya'll,

Dan

4 comments:

linda said...

Hi, Thank goodness for the snow. Now it will be wet snow pants etc. I remember those times. Lots of love, Mom

beth baker said...

can you melt all the snow and have the temperature be about 60 when i come home please. that would be great!! thank you!

Annette said...

I'm so happy you guys finally got some snow! No such luck here!! It's perpetually in the 50s and 60s. 'Wish I could have been there. Hey, remember those bread bags on the feet? Tell the boys Tía Annette said Hi and Los quiero mucho.

Connie said...

Yea! Snow! How funny--I wish we could have some here. We're thinking of driving north if there's a good snow storm that moves through close by--like in Arkansas so we can have a snow experience. :)