Tuesday, January 15, 2008

25 cents!

We had a very good weekend at my Mom's for Christmas. I know it's a little late for the holiday, but we like doing it this way. It's easier for my brother's family to come and gives me something to look forward to in January. The boys did really well on the 4 hour ride down. Very little complaining. We got them up at 6:30am, put some clean clothes on them and put them in the truck. I hadn't told them we were going - because I didn't want to answer the question "how long until we go?" about a thousand times before we left. They played well with their cousins, went to bed without much of a fuss, ate well and generally had a good time. Much better then the other two times we have gone.
We rode bikes today - a high of maybe 25 degrees. My usual guideline is it has to be at least 32 degrees, but it was nice and sunny out, so I consented to ride with the boys. They think it's very cool to ride through snow (we have maybe 1/4 of a inch). It's supposed to be much colder later this week, so I was glad we were able to get out today.
Juan Pablo finally completed a lesson on Rosetta Stone without making any mistakes. He has been working on it, but always makes a few mistakes. Today he finally got it. Dan has been giving them 25 cents for each lesson they complete. Maicol has made about 4 dollars so far, but Juan didn't have anything until today. He is anxious to get started again tomorrow. We are also getting started with their Abeka curriculum. We have been doing the Rosetta Stone English, Starfall and some workbooks, but decided we wanted to go ahead and start the Abeka.
Nothing else particularly exciting going on. Just the regular day to day stuff. I love it.
Have a good evening.
Karen

This is Juan's creation, but he wanted Maicol to be in the picture too.

3 comments:

linda said...

Glad you are back home, safe and happy. It's great that the boys are doing so well with thier english. I don't know how you two do it all. Love, Mom

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hi Karen!

I wondered about getting the Rosetta Stone for the children. Would love to know more about that, and how it has worked for you guys, and how it has helped the children. Please email me when you have time! Thanks!

Connie said...

Great smiles! It's amazing how much motivation .25 cents will provide.... We also give them $1 when they complete an entire Unit and we took Camila out to eat and gave her $5 when she completed Level 1. That was a lot of work!!! Now that they are doing spelling we are seeing how much they learned.