Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trying to Be Good

We have had a good, but uneventful day. Neither Dan nor I had to work, so it was everyone home all day together. We did some house cleaning this morning while the boys watched Cinderella (again). Then we had our weekly Chinese lunch. We have noticed lately that Maicol and Juan Pablo eat alot of rice when we go. Maicol in particular. I think that means they miss it and I need to make more rice. I don't make it very often, but from the way they eat it there, I think they would like more.
Juan has been telling me the last few days that he is trying to "be good". That's a change for him. Before now I wasn't so sure he was. So we have been making a big deal when he does something good and talking about how many days in a row he has been good at listening to Mama and Papa. While Juan has been improving, Andrew is going the other direction. He now only wants to listen and do what is required once you get up to enforce whatever it is you have told him to do/not do. So consequently he has been spending more time sitting on his bed and repeating "yes, Mama" before he gets up. On the plus side he has been dry several days in a row. Now if we could just get him back to being dry all night. When we first got him he was, now he seems to have forgotten about it.
Our warm weather is about to end, so they are hoping for more snow soon. Maybe next week. Have a good evening.
Karen

Wish my Dad were alive to see this. He doesn't typically sit any longer than necessary, but today he wanted a book. It may be embarassing, but I think this is where my Dad did much of his reading. As kids we knew why it took him so long in there! Or was it just that he wanted uninterrupted peace and quiet? :)
Didn't know you could buy one of these at Old Navy!

2 comments:

linda said...

Hi, I was glad to see your blog today. It's always a bright spot in my day when there is one. Especially when there are pictures. Thanks for doing it. Love, Mom

Connie said...

Sounds like they are doing great. We, too, added more rice to our diet. My poor husband hates white rice, so I make brown rice for him, and then on the times I know the kids need a little something special I make white rice (or if I"m in a real hurry....) Juan looks so different to me--like his face is fuller.