Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update

I can't believe it's been a week since I updated. Time sure does fly! We didn't end up with enough snow for sledding, so there was great disappointment in our house on Friday morning. I think they were spoiled by the two early snows we got. Now they think any time the weatherman suggests snow it will be mucho.
We had a good weekend. I got outside Saturday and played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Power Rangers-Sword fighting with the boys. Never really thought I would do something like that, but then who knew I would have three boys? I don't know that I'm all that talented of a sword fighter, but it was fun. The boys got to play with friends while we cleaned the church Saturday. They had a really good time. On Sunday Jonathan came over with Kristen for lunch. They always like it when he comes over. Later Bethany came home with a friend from school, so there were lots of big kids to play with the little kids. They had a wonderful time. Bethany also gave the boys haircuts. Maicol didn't cry this time. He was unhappy with his cut last time (thought it was too short), so she just did a little trimming. We thought he looked really good with the shorter hair, but he definitely did not.
We have had two pretty good days of school so far this week. They have really been pretty well behaved in general too. I am still getting too much "no, Mama" from Juan Pablo, so I am going to try something new with him. I made a clock for he and Maicol and set it to their bedtime. Each time they tell me no (because they don't want to do something they need to) they have to go to bed 5 minutes earlier. They really don't like to go to bed earlier and definitely not before Andrew, so I am hoping this will help. Juan only lost 5 minutes today, but I know that won't last. He'll probably need to lose at least 30 minutes for it to make an impact on him.
I'm off to work for the next couple of days, so enjoy the pictures.


Getting a trim from my personal stylist.
Can I have a few blonde highlights too?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Power Rangers-Sword Fighting with the evil Mama.


Concentration.



My train.




2 comments:

linda said...

Hi, Love those pictures. You sure think up some good consequences for misbehaviour. Hope you are all ok. I'll be glad when the rain stops. Our backyard is like a swamp. Love you all, Mom

Sherri said...

Karen,

Well, sword fighting must be universal! I do a lot of that as well, including the pretend play. Sounds like they're doing well. We're disapointed with not much snow too. We're getting freezing rain, yuck! Here's to a couple more sledding days!

Take care,

Sherri