Friday, May 2, 2008

To Knoxville and Back

Hard to believe another week has come and gone. It really does just fly. Our big adventure this week was going to Knoxville to bring some of Bethany's things back from her dorm room. The quantity and size of things she has accumulated in a year would not fit in her car, so we took the truck to bring the larger things back. It was the longest ride the boys have taken and overall it went pretty well. We only stopped once in 7 hours on the way down and a couple of times on the way back. There was a minimum of fussing, whining and complaining. I took a few new things for treats and we did watch a movie on the computer on the way back. Andrew and Juan slept some, but Maicol didn't. Dan and I each took turns getting a little nap in while we weren't driving too.
Bethany took us down to the riverfront in Knoxville. It was a little cool, but is a very beautiful place. Too cold to play in the fountains, but they tried to at least put their hands in the water. They got to see where Bethany has been - so hopefully it is a more concrete idea in their heads. We talk about her being far away and living at school, but I don't think they really understood. At least Maicol understands. The other two - who knows! It was good to see her and to get away for a couple of days.
We hit the schoolwork hard after we got back. Maicol of course whines, but manages to get it done and could get it done pretty quickly if he would learn to stop whining. He is a smart little boy. Juan is doing better. He know the vowels and the short sounds, 4 consonants and their sounds and can write all of them legibly. He can identify the numbers 1-10, count objects and do dot-to-dots up to 10. Some days it seems he breezes through things and other days he drives me crazy because he acts like he can't remember anything. Andrew is interested in learning colors and most of the time knows purple, and sometimes knows red, yellow, blue and orange. You just have to catch him on the right day. He does know the letter A and that it means Andrew.
Tomorrow is soccer and of course it is supposed to be cool and possibly rainy. It is raining pretty hard tonight. I think I'm glad I'll be at work tomorrow, no, I know I'm glad I'll be at work tomorrow - today they have about driven me crazy. Dan called this afternoon to ask if I needed anything from the store and I asked for "sanity". Does that tell you how my day had been going? But, at the end of the day they ate a good dinner (Juan told me I made a good dinner), they wanted to be rocked, kissed and tucked into bed. They are wonderful, but they still test the limits. You'd think they'd be tired of going to bed early, missing a movie, losing computer time, etc. but I guess not. Oh well, we just keep requiring the same things and repeating the same things over and over, because that is evidently what it takes.
Have a good weekend.
Karen

"Brotherly Love" At the Riverfront in Knoxville.

Tickets, please.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each time I see your pictures I am so glad you have those boys. I love the happy smiles. Love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful parents. You are wonderful parents. I don't think I could ever say that enough...