Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Week Come and Gone

Nothin' better than a can of rootbeer and icecream.
Papa's earning a lot of points with Maicol by making some cool modifications to his bike!
They all help hauling wood to the back yard, but Maicol gets to give rides on the way back.
Mama and Juan Pablo taking a break from organizing the garage.

More soccer games have come and gone. It doesn't seem like it's been a week since I wrote last. Today (Sunday) was a big day for getting some work done out side! After Church and eating lunch with Jonathan we went to work cleaning out and organizing the garage. It was getting really hard to get around in there. Once I got the tiller out I figured I should go ahead and get to work on the garden. We are celebrating this year because the rasberries we planted last year are beginning to send up alot of new canes. We've been trying to grow rasberries without success for several years. The asparagus is also doing great. So anyway, we went to the store to get some manure and peat moss to mix in the soil. Of course Maicol had to ask what manure was. When I told him it was cow poop he wasn't too excited about helping to spread it. He decided he would be much better suited for spreading the peat moss. The tiller wore me out, but it was good to get the soil ready. Of course Andrew had to touch the muffler guard while it was still hot, but it didn't burn too much. He also fell at the store while we were getting plants for the garden and almost busted open his cheek. We figure he'll probably have a black eye in the morning. Later on Maicol admitted to me that he had accidentally caused Andrew to fall while they were horsing around. He felt really bad about it. Those boys really love each other. And they don't leave any doubt in my mind that they love us. Sometimes it seems like they're doing everything they can to drive me crazy; but other times, when I reflect on how far they have come in just 7 months, I am overwhelmed by how much love they have to give and how blessed we are to have them.
Time for a little shut eye. Don't forget to count your blessings too!
Dan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had quite a Sunday. We were lazy up here. Your Dad took communion to shut-ins and I took a nap. Love you all, Mom

The Jensen Family said...

Yes--beautiful blessings your boys are. What fabulous memories you are making with each other. So glad I can share in them from the outside.

Traci

The Jensen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to grow asparagus. MMMM. I am so happy that they express their love for you. It would be so nice to have some more of that around here. They are so beautiful!