Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tax Time and Keeping Them Busy

We thought spring was here , but I guess we were mistaken. It's back to coats and firing up the fireplace insert. After that little taste of spring, we really, really can't wait for spring!
It is also coming down to the wire to get our taxes done. You'd think since we're getting money back we (Dan) would have done this a long time ago, but if you thought that you'd be wrong. :) That self employment stuff (and not the greatest in recording everything) makes it alot more work. I got my part done - adding up our adoption expenses. Now my job is keeping the boys busy and away from Dan so he can get it all figured out. Hence the pictures today. I started out playing cars with them. That led to getting a large piece of cardboard and making a road for the cars with various other things one might see while driving the car. Then I made a couple of long "chutes" out of cardboard to race cars in. When the fun from that had died down I resorted to the following - washable markers. I started with drawing a spider on Andrews hand and it just increased from there. They wanted to be dalmation dogs, so they spotted themselves with a black marker. Then they wanted Spiderman webs on their tummies, spiders on their hands and legs, bugs, etc. Andrew just wanted to draw on himself. They were quite a mess, but had a good time and were very occupied. A good, long bath with plenty of soap took care of most of the marker. Just a little residual is left. Maicol told me he'd need to wear a long sleeved shirt to church tomorrow so no one could see what's left of the spider webs on his arms.
Now, what will I be able to come up with tomorrow to keep them busy? :)
Karen


Dalmation spots, spider webs, spiders, bugs, and just alot of marker going on.




4 comments:

Sherri said...

Sounds like fun! What a good mom! They look so cute. I love the marker idea, that may be my idea for tomorrow : ). Too bad we aren't closer, Joel's working this weekend, and as we've said, the boys would have a blast together!

If you aren't opposed to furniture cushions being moved around Caleb loves making forts, or sheets work. You can make obstacle courses too. Classic fun! Isaac loves being in the fort as well! My favorite Sunday activity is an afternoon nap, but that doesn't go over too well at my house, so I imagine it mught not at yours either...

Love,
Sherri

The Jensen Family said...

Too funny! That was great!I can only imagine the challenge each day brings to keep the kids entertained, but you seem to be doing a great job!

Traci

Lean & Green Mama said...

I love the marker idea too! How fun! I remember getting in 'Marker Wars' with my sisters when I was younger...but with markers flying it was a bit dangerous!

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

Looks like the boys had a wonderful time. They seem so happy. I am glad things are going good for you and your family.