Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rocking

This is how we end our days when Mama is home. The days I work 7am-11pm it's not possible, but otherwise we do it. I started out just with Andres, then a few days later Juan wanted to be rocked and now Maicol too. I think the older two especially wanted to rock at first to avoid going to bed, but even if that's the case they still benefit - they just don't know it yet. I really enjoy the time with each of them. Andres usually just grins and looks really cute. Juan many times actually falls asleep. He seems to like to snuggle up. Maicol just wants to talk. Usually about who is working tomorrow, if and with whom he can ride his bicycle, what happened during the day, etc. He doesn't go to sleep, but I still like the time and hope he has good thoughts when he goes to bed. I have to admit I do it as much for me as for them. I obviously missed doing it when they were babies, so I really cherish it now, because I know it won't be long til they think they're too big. They don't know you're never too old to rock with your Mama. :)
Good night,
Karen




5 comments:

Sherri said...

How precious, I'm all teared up! I think it's the perfect thing to be doing, you must cherish that time. I'm thinking of grabbing my son too and rocking with him :), and I'll be sure to do it with the new one we meet Monday.

God bless you!

Sherri (fellow CHIer)

PS- I meant to post a congratulations to Juan for the lost teeth, very exciting!

linda said...

Hi, I hope you two know how wonderful y ou are at parenting. Rocking the children is one of the things I loved most. I'm sure the boys will always know how much thery are loved. Looking forward to Sunday!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL,Mom

Connie said...

Wonderful. It is so good for them, and such a great bonding time. I wonder what they will think of Thanksgiving?

La Familia Armstrong said...

What a special time (and what a special mama) - how precious! I am tearing up too!

Julie A. :)

RHONDA said...

I just love reading about the children. may God Bless you all!!!!