Thursday, November 29, 2007

PowerWheels

Here's a picture of one of the greatest sources of great fun and great conflict for us. Someone Dan did a job for gave him this and of course the boys love it. Problem is there's not enough battery for each one to ride as long as he wants so they must take turns. When it's not your turn it seems that everyone else is getting more time on it than you. When it's your turn it seems that you are being cheated on you share of the riding time and you accuse Mama of not being fair. This of course causes you to not be able to ride anymore for the day. When Papa tells you you can't ride anymore until tomorrow in order to let the battery fully charge you might sneak out and do it anyway because it's so much fun. Then when you're caught the punishment that is given makes Mama and Papa suffer too. It is never too cold to ride - you just need a "acket" (as Juan says).
Jonathan is coming over to stay with the boys tomorrow afternoon and evening. He has the day off work, and volunteered to come and give us a little free time. I knew that boy would turn out OK. :) Anyway, I'm not sure what we're going to do, but it will be nice to get away for a few hours. We haven't done much of that lately.
Have a good evening.
Karen




4 comments:

linda said...

Hi, Those boys are great. Jonathan is a real sweetheart and thoughtful too, I think. Sound like the English speech is coming right along with Juans acket. I don't think the Spanish language sounds the J on any word. Have a great time "away". Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Karen & Dan, two words: egg timer. :*)

Connie said...

What amazing smiles! I know the feeling, though. For us, it's computer games. :) I'm glad you had a chance to get away for a few hours.

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Funny, want to share a funny.
Andrew and I were looking at your blog together. I scrolled down to the pics on the powerwheels and Andrew said, "Mami, I like!" "I like!" Mami,I like!"

I think he was trying to give me a hint...haha. I said, "Oh, you want one of those?" He said, "Yes!" "Mucho Money," I replied...and he said "Ah..."

We may have to revisit that later...maybe after tax refund! Can we say tax refund?!?!!?! Yippee!