Friday, November 2, 2007

Jumping

Lots of jumping going on at our house this week. Our neighbors graciously offered us their trampoline since their children don't really use it anymore. Our boys have been having a great time with it. They even helped dry the floors this morning while I mopped without complaining when I told them we would go out and jump when the job was done. That's a big improvement. Typically they only want to use the mop, not dry the floor and they complain about how each of them is having to do all the work.
While Andres took his nap today I had Maciol and Juan take turns on the computer working on the alphabet and the letter sounds. Maicol can read in Spanish, but he doesn't know the letter sounds in English. Juan only knows some of the letters and doesn't know the sounds they make. It's really a treat for Juan to get to use the computer. Usually we don't let him touch it because he has no idea what he's doing. :) This program is pretty simple and I keep an eye on him while he's using it. We're doing workbooks too, but I think the computer is more interesting. :)
Here are a few pictures of the trampoline. Talk to you tomorrow.

Karen







2 comments:

linda said...

Hi, I bet they can wear themselves out on the trampolene. I hope you and Dan are getting enough rest. How are Dan's feet. It looks like winter is on its way. I'm not quite ready for snow. Tell the boys Grandma said hello. Love you all,Mom

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hey Karen,
I have been working with Andrew and some with Tatiana on the computer. Did you see the Yahoo posts about the learning programs on the computer? I use Starfall.com most, but some other CHI'rs recommended some I am going to start incorporating too. If you can't find the post, let me know and I will send you the links.

Wendi