Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting Back to "Normal"


Juan - not sure what you call this dive.

Spiderman - aka Andrew. He has been wearing this mask to the pool the last couple of days.


Maicol learning to use his skateboard.



We are slowly getting back to "normal". I have been back home for almost a week now and am doing good. Slowly getting back into the flow of things - laundry, schoolwork, rocking, etc. I think the boys believe I am back to stay. Maicol in particular has had a very hard time with my going to the hospital. I don't think we had really convinced him that I would return and everything would be fine. He has spent the last several days being very vigilant - following me around, touching me, asking me what I'm doing, not going anywhere without me - you get the idea. He's driving me crazy!! He has settled down some today tho. Still always near me, but more relaxed I think. Juan and Andrew spent the first couple of days looking at me alot, but now seem to be back to their old selves - stubborn and adorable.

We have been doing alot of swimming. They all love it. We've gotten into the habit of going later in the afternoon so that by the time we are done it's time to eat dinner and start putting people to bed. The sun and swimming seem to wear them out and they go to sleep quickly and easily. I guess it will be back to riding bikes and playing on the trampoline once swimming season is over.

Hard to believe it's been almost a year since they became a part of our family. We got the call about our assignment July 27 - four days from today. I was talking to Maicol about it tonight - what happened, the excitement of getting their pictures, etc. We had talked about it some before, but he was very interested in talking tonight while I rocked him. I hope he was able to understand the excitement we felt and how much we love them.

Here are a few swimming pictures - since that seems to be the primary thing we do lately. I have a few hospital pictures, but I'm not going to embarass myself by posting those. Suffice it to say I have certainly looked better. :)

Karen








4 comments:

Sherri said...

Glad to know you're back and things are getting back to "normal!" Andrew in the Spiderman mask cracks me up, Caleb would do something like that in a second. I love that they could care less what other people think, to them they are that superhero. How fun! Enjoy the summer!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back and in the middle of things. You can tell how much those boys love you. Don't do too much. Give yourself a chance to heal. Love you, Mom

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Your boys look like they are having so much fun! Love the pics!

Connie said...

Ah, at least they show they are caring about you. :) Glad you're getting better.