Friday, January 16, 2009

Proud Parents

I'm just so proud I had to share with you a special event from today's adventures. I usually let Karen do most of the blogging, but she's busy putting batteries in new toys. We all went out to eat lunch today and found some great clearance buys at Kroger (as usual). We then went to Target to check out some kids clothes that were being clearanced. It was a leap of faith, but I put underwear on Andrew this morning instead of a diaper. He agreed to let me know if he needed to go to the restroom because he wanted to be a "big boy" and only babies wear diapers. Half way through our visit to Target, Andrew said he needed to go to the restroom. We just barely made it in time, but he was proud that he didn't get his underwear wet. We went on to find some great buys on some toys so it was almost as good as Christmas but for half the price. As we were getting ready to leave the store Juan Pablo and Andrew ran out ahead of us. We were about to go out the door when I looked up and saw Andrew with his own little toy out and watering the sidewalk just outside the door where everyone has to walk! He just looked up and smiled as if to say, "Look, I didn't wet my pants!" I pointed out the event to Karen who promptly turned away as if to say "Whose child is that?" She couldn't stop laughing when we got back to the car. I seem to be the only one who can put on a stern face during those humorous yet embarassing times when one of the kids needs to be straightened out. I never thought I would say this, but I would much rather have had wet pants on Andrew. Fortunately, Karen and I have babysitting co-op tonight so Karen and I will have a few hours to ourselves to contemplate how fortunate we are that Andrew is almost potty trained.
Sorry, but no pictures available for this post.
Have a good day!
Dan

PS: If only we had been assigned girls! :)
Karen

8 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I love it!!! Boys! Boys! Boys! If you had had girls, you wouldn't have been able to share such a funny story! I needed the laugh! Thanks for sharing! And way to go Andrew! Keep up the good work!

Sherri said...

I'd be with Karen, not being able to keep a straight face! That story is priceless, and you'll be able to blackmail him with it in years to come, you'll get your revenge on any embarassment you felt :). And it's awesome about the potty training, I'd say he's shown you he's ready!

Ange said...

Oh my oh my! Yay for him not wetting his pants!!!

Erin said...

Thanks for making me laugh today! Ha! Good job staying dry, Andrew :) That's something our Andrew might do not to far from now!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jensen Family said...

Great story! One that I could only hope for as there is NO interest in potty training in our house, and I am tired of buying diapers. : ) Just proves, they will do it whenever they are good and ready. . . and on their own terms. Too funny!

Connie said...

It's probably just as well that there were no photos with this post. ;) Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Well at least Andrew got part of it right. Funny!!!!!! Love you all, Mom