Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Hope you like pictures, because there are alot of them! Seems like every time I get ready to sit down and write something, I get sidetracked. These are all pictures of our weekend at Grandma's. We had a very good time. Everyone was well behaved. It was a little on the cool side, but we did manage to get outside a little on Sunday. Juan and Maicol wanted to go hunt deer, so we walked to the woods and looked for some. But seriously, how many deer do you think we would be able to sneak up on with 3 boys stomping through the woods - none of which can be quiet for more than a few seconds?! At least we tried. Maicol did take a suction cup bow and arrow set just in case. :) We did see some deer bones, but no live ones.
We also celebrated Bethany's birthday. She wanted an apple pie, so that's what we had, with 4 candles on it - one for each 5 years. I just couldn't see trying to put 20 candles on a pie. We're getting ready to have Jonathan's birthday on Sunday. Then Andrew's is next week.
Our big newspaper debut is tomorrow. The local paper did a story about our adoption. The kids did really well when the reporter came. They did ok with the photographer too. I didn't think we had a particularly interesting story until Bethany pointed out that "you are middle-aged and you did go to another country and come back with 3 kids". I guess that's not something most people do, but it seems so normal now. The article is @ www.noblesvilleledger.com under "Parents Adopt 3 Children". It's in the 3/21 issue. If you look later you'll have to do a little looking around, but it will be in the Hamilton county news. You can't see the photos they included, but you can read the story. It's not exactly what we would have written, but ok.
We've had a full week it seems. Good, but full. Hope yours has been too.
Karen

Why I love going to Grandma's!
Looking for trouble.....

Wishing they could take a spin on the tractor.
My boys.

My sister's boys.
My baby is 20.

All of the male primo's.

The "big" kids and the "little" kids.

A serious checker game.

Andrew and my cousin Ray racing cars.

The battle of the experts.

Bethany teaching Maicol to play Chinese checkers.











4 comments:

linda said...

Hi, Love the pictures. Hope you have all recovered from the trip. Love you all,Mom

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

You know--I'm loving the pictures! The boys look like they fit right in with the family. I got a chance to read the article! That is a great opportunity to raise the banner of adoption! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow! WONDERFUL pictures. I love the "sunshine" shots w/all their heads in the middle ;*)

We saw the article too. Seemed like they did a pretty good job of getting the facts straight. Nice for you to be famous now - hee hee.

Happy Easter to all the kids.

Lean & Green Mama said...

I believe I linked to your blog from another blog a little while ago and have enjoyed reading of your family adventures. I'm a new Mami to 3 beautiful Colombian blessings that came home with us this past December!
I've added a blogroll to my blog and have included a link to your blog, if that is okay.

Thanks!

Holly