Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Beginning of Birthday Month

This is the beginning of "Birthday Month" at our house. Three of our five children have March birthdays. The first was today - Bethany. She requested BBQ chicken pizza and apple pie - so of course that's what we had. I'm not much of a pie maker, but I managed to peel apples and put them in a crust with a little (lot) sugar and cinnamon and it turned out ok. We did have one little candle in the pie, because it's a birthday and you have to have candles. And the boys all know that regardless of whose birthday it is they will get to blow out the candles at least once. We have Jonathan's birthday next weekend and Andrew is the next. Plus, my brother's birthday was yesterday! Let the celebrating continue.
And now a few pictures to make this post complete.
Karen


Andrew on our walk last week. It was warm enough to go out and we all needed to expend a little energy so Mom wouldn't go crazy! He is showing off his collection from the walk - a stick, a cork and 3 sweet gum seed pods.
"The Boys" on our walk. Don't you normally walk around your neighborhood with your Spiderman or Power Ranger outfit and dracula cape on?

The Birthday Girl. And her birthday apple pie.


4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

You know, I don't normally walk around the neighborhood in super hero outfits, BUT that sounds like a SUPER cool idea!!!

How fun! They are so cute! And seriously, that sounds like fun! But what about the adults in costumes, where are they? =)

Meghan said...

What a busy month with all those birthdays! I am impressed with the pie. Apple pie intimidates me because of all the peeling and slicing. I love the photo! That is so cute. And if it´s fun to walk around in costumes, then why the heck shouldn´t we do it, right?

Anne said...

Your pie looks perfectly respectable and your daughter looks very happy!

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oh my, and I thought 4 birthdays in 2 months was difficult!

Just know that I would be sitting in my house laughing my head off if I looked out my window and saw three boys walking past the house wearing costumes in March! : ) Too cute!!!