Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Week

Just a post of our week in pictures.

This is the "train" that Andrew and Juan Pablo constructed yesterday afternoon. It consisted of pillows, "Tigger", a power ranger helmet, an electric keyboard, a Bible, some pieces of wood and a few other miscelaneous items. They were so very proud of themselves and although I didn't quite understand how everything went together and formed a train I of course told them how creative they were and how hard they had worked.

The next two pictures are the result of "The Reward of the Day". In an effort to try to encourage them to work more diligently on their schoolwork we have instituted this reward program. Each day it is something different - a bag of chips for lunch, computer time, a craft, make playdough and such. This particular day it was face painting. I had bought some Halloween face paint on clearance and since they love this type of thing I thought it would make a good reward. Andrew is a Power Ranger and Juan Pablo is a pirate. I still have a way to go in my next career as a makeup artist, but they were happy with the results. :)






This week I almost felt like I got to meet myself. Phyllis and her husband adopted a sibling group of 3 boys from Russia last year and we "met" through our blogs. The similarities are amazing! We are essentially the same age, have two older children the same sex and age, our boys are nearly the same age, we both homeschool and it just seems to go on and on. It was wonderful to meet someone else who has/is dealing with many of the same things we have/are.
My boys had a great time playing and wish we lived closer. Here we are with our boys.





3 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oh, I had such a wonderful time meeting you in person! And just like your boys, all of us wish we lived closer, too!! I could have sat and talked with you for hours. Next time I will have a list of things to ask you.

Love the face painting!

Meghan said...

That is hilarious! I love that train. And the pirate beard is really great looking. You must be a better makeup artist then you think.

Nicole said...

I think you did a great job!! What great ideas for the boys. I may have to borrow a few in the near future. Homeschooling is not too far around the corner for us. That's great that you were able to meet another family in a similar situation. I bet you two will have quite a bit to talk about.