Friday, June 13, 2008

Our Life

Ah, what to write about? Seems like we live such a boring life - no exotic vacations, winning the lottery, etc. Let's just give you the update on everyone.

Maicol - He has almost finished his first grade math book. He has also almost finished his first reading book. He is a smart little boy, but doesn't really care for doing schoolwork. He can swim the width of the pool and back, so now he is about ready to jump off the diving board without a life jacket. He's also about to break the 50 lbs. mark. I don't know how, cause he doesn't eat much - must be muscle from all the playing. Got his second round of immunizations without a tear - not thrilled with the 4 shots, but managed to get through it.

Juan - He now knows over half of the alphabet, the sounds the letters make and can write them. Schoolwork does not always come easy for him, so this is an accomplishment. His speech also continues to improve. He can make all the letter sounds, he was just too lazy to do it before. He loves going swimming and playing outside. Juan is a great strawberry picker. He likes to do it and is very good and discerning which ones should be picked and which should wait another day. Got his next 2 immunizations, but since he knew what was coming I had to drag him out of the corner and hold him on my lap.

Andrew - What can I say about him? He is as adorable as can be - and then drives you crazy the next minute. This morning he started out great - ate breakfast, played and then it went downhill. Juan injured him and he was crying, so I sat him on my lap and rocked him. Of course, he had no diaper on and in the midst of crying he peed on both of us. I changed both of us and in about an hour he's back in the kitchen with no clothes on. I sent him to get some and he came back with a shirt on backwards and wrong side out, but nothing on the bottom half. So after one more trip to his bedroom he now has pants on too. Didn't want to eat lunch or drink from the sippy cup. I've clean up enough messes of his to know I want him to still have the sippy cup.. He has great difficulty leaving the other boys alone while they do their schoolwork. I have tried giving him something to do with limited success. He is speaking in full sentences (and we understand most of it). He's just always into something - pouring out the laundry detergent on the floor, smearing antibiotic ointment all over himself after a bath, pouring out the shampoo into the tub, etc.

Dan - Took the toilet up and cleaned out the things Andrew had put down it - Bethany's razor, ping pong ball, cardboard, bobby pins and who knows what else. A very unpleasant job, but he did it and didn't complain too much. He is a great support - he always backs me up with the boys. They are still working on respecting me and listening and he has been great in reinforcing that. Splitting wood for the winter and working on the days I'm off.

Me - Still going to bed tired with aching feet every night. Well, I think on the days I work I don't go to bed as tired. Always wishing I could get more done in a day, but I know the reality of what is most important to accomplish and clean floors isn't it. :) Bethany has been a great help to us since she's been home. She cooks and cleans up and does some babysitting. I know the noise drives her crazy, but she has been wonderful.

But as they say on Jon and Kate Plus Eight - it's our life and we love it!

Karen

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

I love to read your updates!

And, I can totally relate to the adventures in plumbing! We discovered lots of things that escaped the grip of Diego's little fingers!

Parenthood, from my limited experience, is A LOT of work, with many sacrifices, BUT MANY MORE blessings! Thanks for sharing your story with us in the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend, and Happy Father's day to Dan. Love you all, Mom

The Jensen Family said...

Sounds like you have a busy house with a lot of unexpected twists and turns. But I guess that's what three busy bodies will do for you! I look forward to seeing your next blog and hearing updates. I feel like I've missed out this past month!

Traci