Friday, June 27, 2008

Tickle, Tickle

What a week! We had a great time at Grandma's. Could do without the drive, but that's the way we get there. The boys really did pretty good riding down and back. We attempted to go fishing. Only caught a few weeds and chased a few ducks. Better luck next time. I'm not sure fishing is all they thought it would be, but at least we can say we tried. There were various games and such played by all and a little rest for some too. Below is a picture of a rainbow we were fortunate enough to see over my mom's house. There was actually a double close to the bottom on both sides for awhile. It didn't last long, but was beautiful.

We've been able to get a little swimming in this week. None today, because Dan was gone and Juan lost the privilege of going today, so I had to stay home with all of them. We did some cleaning up and some playing. Maicol has invented a new game - "Tickle, Tickle". It involves them running and screaming through the house while I chase them. When I finally corner them I am supposed to tickle them. The newer version today involves kissing. After they hide and I find and chase them for awhile I kiss them after I catch them. We did this for a good hour and a half today. Then it was on to sword fighting. I finally had to call it quits and fix dinner. The other reason was that I was tired!

Our big news is that our older son is engaged! I'm going to be a mother-in-law. How could I possibly be that old? So there will be a wedding in the works for next summer. We are very excited and happy for them.

Not much else to report. We continue to work on respect for Mami from all of them, but Maicol in particular. He has been struggling lately, but I do think that we see some progress. I know there is just no way we can understand the depth of the changes they have been through in the past 10 months and the difficulty of their lives before they became our sons. They obviously want to belong and be loved, but it is such a risk for them. While we know that this is the last stop for them, I know that they must still be wondering and perhaps will for years to come. So much more than little boys should have to deal with.

Time to get to bed. I get to go to work tomorrow! I need the rest! Have a great weekend.

Karen



















4 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

BEAUTIFUL rainbow pics! Congrats on earning the mother-in-law title! What an exciting time for you all. I can't wait to hear what the kids think about the whole wedding thing. Should be pretty cute! I can totally relate with the playing and growing tired. Where does their energy come from? What an amazing time in your life. Enjoy!

Traci

Sherri said...

I'm glad you had a nice vacation! Congratulations on your son's engagement. I definitely think you are too young to be a mother-in-law :). What a beautiful picture. We saw a double rainbow tonight as the sun was setting, I had never seen one so close to dusk, it was faded, but it was there. And it's always nice to know God won't flood the earth again :). Keep enjoying your summer, I love the fishing pics!

Anonymous said...

Hope you stay as happy as you seem to be today. Love the rainbows. We have had three in the last two weeks. Love, Mom

Connie said...

I love being a mother-in-law! The boys look like they're doing great, too. Hang in there, it does get better. I feel like it's sort of like that story where you thought you were going on a trip to Paris (or whatever) but you are actually traveling to London..it's a different journey than I thought I was on, but it's just as good in it's own way. Know what I mean?